Fridley Photo Contest
Grab your cameras and give us your best shot! From nature to faces, and even great places you are invited to show us the best of what Fridley has to offer!
- Pet Friendly
- Faces of Fridley
- All photographs must be taken within Fridley city limits.
- Amateur and professional photographers are welcome to enter.
- City employees and their immediate family members are eligible to participate but not eligible to win.
- Photographs may be black and white or color digital images.
- Minor digital enhancements are allowed, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- Photo submission with professional logos or watermarks will not be considered.
- Submission must be at least 1 MB in size with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- If the photo was taken in a public place, such as a park or on the street, there is no need for a photo release of identifiable people. However, if the photo was taken in a private location you must provide a Photo Release for each identifiable person in the photograph. *Please make sure you are following social distancing guidelines.
- Maximum of 2 entries per person; submit only photographs you have taken.
- No personal identification or photo titles allowed on the front of the photograph.
- All photographs may be used in displays at City buildings and/or City publications
- All photo entries become the property of the City of Fridley.
- Follow social distancing guidelines when out and about taking photographs.
- Submission Dates: September 15 to October 20, 2021
- Finalists Announced: October 27, 2021
- People’s Choice Voting: October 27 to November 10, 2021
- Winners Announced: November 17, 2021
One winner will be chosen in each category along with an overall winner. Winning photos will be featured in City of Fridley publications, on City of Fridley social media pages and displayed in public places within the city. Submissions will also be displayed at the Mississippi branch of Anoka County Library.
Submit Your Photos
Submit your photos via the online form. Please submit one form for each entry in the contest.
Initial judging will be made by City employees. City judges will select the top 3 photos from each category. The public will then vote for the best in each category along with "Best in Show". Judging should be based on the following:
- Picture Quality – Color, clarity, focus
- Theme appropriateness – Does the photo encompass the theme of the particular category?
- Clear Center of Interest – Can you immediately identify the subject? When you look at the photo, what is the first thing you see? Do you think the first thing you see is what the photographer had in mind? What holds your eye the longest? Do other elements in the image compete with the subject for attention?
- Story? Does the photo make a statement that you can articulate? Does the photo elicit an emotion? Could something be changed to give it a stronger story?
- Creativity – Does the photo disclose more about the subject or show it in unexpected ways? Does the photo relate visual elements in unusual and intriguing ways? Is the photo interesting and fresh?
- Overall Impression – What does “your gut” say?