|Address||155 Logan Parkway NE|
|Current Status||Implementation Planning|
|Park Type||Neighborhood Park|
|Special Use||Winter Skating|
Neighborhood park servicing neighborhood #10 with potential to also service neighborhood #11 and Area A as noted on the Service Area Analysis Map with improved connections. The park contains a ballfield with poor orientation for play, a single tennis court and half basketball court that are both in poor condition, an older picnic shelter, and playground. An area of mature trees is located on the northern section of the site.
A community event was held on July 12 to evaluate different playground options for the park. An online survey was also available to receive feedback on those options. Responses will be taken into consideration when selecting a playground design.
General recommendations include redevelopment with some minor layout modifications to incorporate new amenities and replace existing amenities for an improved recreational experience.
- Landscape enhancements
- Low-grow and/or bee-friendly turf mixture
- New playground meeting varying age groups with new container
- ADA compliant playground surfacing (engineered wood fiber)
- Concrete playground border
- Walk and trail connections with optional internal loop
- Picnic shelter with 2 tables
- Ballfield improvements
- Site furnishings with common characteristic (benches, tables, receptacles, bike racks, drinking fountain, etc.)
- Reconstructed tennis court
- Reconstructed half court moved further south to allow for slight playground expansion
- Park sign on Pearson Way
- Wayfinding signs (to Riverview Heights)
- Security light