Home Improvement Grants & Loans
The Fridley Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) provides a variety of housing rehabilitation programs to help Fridley residents maintain and improve their homes and apartments. The following is a summary of the programs available. Loan & Grant programs can be used simultaneously for eligible projects.
Fridley Housing Programs Open House: Wednesday, February 9
Meet with staff from the City of Fridley & the Center for Energy and Environment and have your Housing Loan, Grant, & Rebate questions answered on Wednesday, February 9 from 6-8 p.m. at Fridley City Hall.
Home Improvement Loans
Low Interest Loan
Mobile Home Improvement Loan
Senior Deferred Loans
Emergency Deferred Loans
Down Payment Assistance Loan
Rebates & Grants
Front Door Grant Program
Grant application Deadline: March 7, 4:30 pm
This program is meant to provide an incentive for homeowners to increase the “curb appeal” of their home (and the City) by making improvements on the street side of their home. Grants are provided to pay for a portion of the improvements. Project tasks are considered either Basic or Beautification and the Grant amount varies based on type of work being completed. To be eligible for this program and receive the minimum grant of $1,000, homeowners must invest a minimum of $4,000 in projects from the "Beautifications Projects" list below.
|Eligible permanent interior upgrades, including but not to limited major remodeling, building an addition, or finishing previously unfinished space.|
You will receive an automated notification once your online application is received.
Applicants who have applied by the Front Door Grant Application Deadline of 4:30 pm on March 7, 2022, will be notified of their grant status the following week. Please do not contact the City to inquire about your grant status prior to March 15, 2022.
If applications exceed available funds, eligible projects will be selected by random drawing. Priority will be given to those who did not receive a grant in 2021. If funds remain available, a second round of applications may be considered.
If selected for a grant, Staff will send you a list of Next Steps, or a notice of ineligibility if not selected. You are encouraged to schedule a FREE Remodeling Advisor visit (see below) before soliciting bids or collecting materials lists for the work to be done.
A grant Participation Agreement will be prepared based on the final bids (or materials lists) submitted to the HRA. Your maximum grant amount will be determined at this time and cannot be increased. Funds are reserved for your project once the Grant Participation Agreement has been signed. If funds remain uncommitted as of Monday, April 25, 2022, they may be made available to other housing program applicants.
Projects should be completed within 6 months of signing the Grant Participation Agreement.
Residential Paint Rebate Program
Increased insulation may improve your home's efficiency and comfort. This program will match utility (CenterPoint Energy or Xcel Energy) insulation rebates up to $500 for projects completed after January 1, 2022.
Program Guidelines and Eligibility
- Rebates available for attic air sealing, attic insulation, wall insulation, and rim joist installation projects that have received a utility insulation rebate.
- All insulation work must have been completed after January 1, 2022.
- All applicants must have had a Home Energy Squad visit occurring after January 1, 2019 to qualify.
- The program only matches utility rebates; installer or manufacturer rebates do not qualify.
- Receipt of utility rebate is required. Applicants must submit their application, including a copy of their utility rebate, within 60 days of date on rebate check.
- The rebate check will be issued to the same person listed on the utility rebate.
- Rebate is only available to properties of 1-4 units.
- Funding is limited and subject to availability. Rebates will be approved based on order of receipt.
- Checks will be mailed to recipient 2-3 weeks after application submission.
Email Nancy.Abts@FridleyMN.gov or call 763-572-3593
Water Rebate Program
For a limited time, Fridley residents and businesses can qualify for rebates of up to 75 percent off the cost of water efficient appliances and irrigation system components. Rebates are available on a first come, first serve basis.