Have a sewer stoppage or water main leak? CALL FIRST! The City of Fridley will investigate sewer stoppages and water main leaks. 

  • Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., call 763-572-3566
  • All other times, including holidays, call 763-427-1212

Lead and Copper Rule Revision

The Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recently altered its drinking water standards related to lead and copper. This is called the Lead and Copper Rule Revision. The rule was enhanced to protect property owners by reducing their exposure to lead and copper. Lead can cause serious health problems if too much enters your body. 

The drinking water provided to residents from the City of Fridley does not contain lead. However, lead can enter the drinking water from lead service lines and plumbing fixtures made with lead components through the corrosion process. These materials were commonly used before 1986. 

Inventory of Water Service Lines

As part of the new requirements, the City of Fridley is required to inventory the water service lines and the type of materials used (lead, galvanized pipe, non-lead or unknown). The water service line is the pipe that connects the residence to the City's watermain in the street. 

What We Are Asking of Residents

The City of Fridley will be using different methods to inventory these pipes. Historical records, service line replacements, physical inspections, and the help from residents via an online – mobile application. 

What do you need to do? 

1. Locate your water service line in the lower level of your home. An example of the line is show in the slideshow below. 

2. Fill out a quick inventory form online.  

3. If you can’t locate your service line or need assistance identifying the pipe material, please do not hesitate to contact us at 763-573-3566. The City will come to your residence at no charge and assist in identifying your service line material. 

  1. 1
  2. 2